I hope you and your family are safe and healthy during this difficult time. In light of the current developments around COVID-19, I wanted to take a moment and share the steps we’re taking to keep our community as safe as possible.
Keeping our artisans safe
- Turning our Rumah SukkhaCitta as a community safe-house. We've stocked up on basic needs such as rice for free, so our artisans and their families don't have to leave the village too often.
- The scariest thing during a downturn is that brands stop producing - in effect leaving the artisans out of a job and more vulnerable than ever to the crisis. Within a week of the isolation, most of our artisans' husbands - along with most in their villages - were let go. In 1 day, our Ibu-Ibu became the sole provider of their families. I remember the anxiety in their voice when they asked what they should do now.
Through many sleepless nights, our team has worked relentlessly to make sure our artisans can work from home safely. Your support these past weeks have been more meaningful than ever. You make it possible for us to continue supporting more than 378 people who rely on us for their livelihoods.
We're here for you
- Our online boutique remains open - and we are still shipping your orders with all the necessary precautions. Please note that due to changing lockdown regulations, we currently only can accept orders from Indonesia, the US and Singapore.
Following the recommendations of WHO, we have strong procedures in place to make sure our shipments to you are safe. This involves providing masks, and disinfecting the studio before and after shipments are being prepared and of course only allowing healthy team members to make shipments. Please contact us, if you'd like to learn more.
Doing our part in flattening the curve
- Our small yet mighty team has been working from home, at full pay. We Skype everyday to make days less lonely :)
Your support matters
- We exist to change lives - and I'm personally doing all the reading I can to navigate us through this. However, I would be lying is I say I'm not worried. As a tiny, self-funded social enterprise, we don't have investors who will pour money during this difficult times. Now more than ever, your purchases keep our operations running.
With every purchase, you enable us to keep supporting our artisans - and more.
- With more women coming asking for work, I realized that a we're uniquely positioned to provide direct relief to those who need it most. Our Hope Mask is our pilot solution to provide direct relief to mothers to care for their families through this challenging time.
In the meantime, we hope to shed some positivity and comfort through our email and social media as we live this new and changing reality. Don’t hesitate to reach out - let us know how we can support you through this or if you have any questions or concerns. We’re here for you! Let’s stay safe and connected.
We'll get through this together,
and the SukkhaCitta team