KUPU - Silk Kain in Burgundy
JLAMPRANG VILLAGE, CENTRAL JAVA.
You love getting dressed up. Especially when you can turn 1 piece into so many styles. We were amazed to hear how Javanese women used to wear Kain ("cloth") everyday! A piece we've grown to love due to its versatility with every top!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- What every girl needs. Wear it over your shoulder as a scarf, tie around your waist as a skirt, or style them as a dress. We always have one ready everywhere we go!
- Soft and luxurious. Nothing can describe the delicateness of our silk fabric on your skin.
- Finished by hand. It took 6 months for our artisan to perfect handroll stitching. 1 stitch, 1 cm at a time, taking 1 day to fully finish.
KUPU is inspired from the butterfly effect found in nature, where small things lead to big change. Interpreted into a modern and minimal pattern, we found it to be the perfect symbol to inspire Courage in us: dreamers, seekers, wanderers, as we pursue our dreams. See how our artisans let this beautiful motif emerge here.
- Technique: Hand drawn Batik.
- Color: Synthetic, non-azo dye.
- Material: Super soft and luxurious silk cotton blend.
Color and pattern variations may occur and are part of the charm of this handcrafted piece. We love that one-of-a-kind-feel!