As local governments impose mask-wearing, donating fabric masks is a way that we can make an immediate impact and help those in direct need. These masks are our solution to provide work beyond our artisans, your donation provides relief to 14 mothers who craft these masks from their homes.
With your help, we've donated 2,650pcs of our 3-Layered Face Masks to front-liners and last mile communities in Java, Kalimantan and East Nusa Tenggara.
In each community health centre these severely needed PPE donation is reaching regions untouched by other donors. Seeing the needs, we decided to expand the project to continue providing a solution that reminds us that we're in this together.
If you want to help us reach more, please consider donating by choosing the amount above. All of us were hit hard by this crisis. But now more than ever we need to stand together. With every donation, you're helping us to reserve our business savings to keep our craftswomen in the villages safe.
List of front line organizations who received the mask donation until today (May 15th):
1. RS Cipto Mangunkusumo, one of the main Covid-19 hospitals in Jakarta. The masks will be used by doctors and nurses on their way home.
2. Puskesmas Kedaung Wetan, Tangerang. The masks were distributed to a village of trash pickers who live in the proximity of the community health centre, whose main livelihood depends on going out of the house.
3. Rumah Belajar Generasi Bintang (Tangerang), a free school for kids whose families are unable to financially send them to school. The school is closed at the moment, but they requested masks to distribute to the parents who cannot stay home to earn their families' food.
4. Puskesmas Mauk (Tangerang). This community health centre is located in an impoverished district, where healthcare is provided free of charge. They requested 500 masks to distribute to the patients who come in to protect their doctors and nurses.
5. Ursulin Orphanage (Atambua, East Nusa Tenggara). This orphanage is leading the distribution of our masks for the neediest community in this dry and improverished island. Its location in East Indonesia made it logistically impossible for them to purchase any masks, especially as Covid-lockdown closed their mean of shipping any produce to earn livelihoods.
6. 8 community health centers in remote indigenous Dayak villages throughout Central Kalimantan:
- Puskesmas in Mangkahui Village,
- Puskesmas in Tewang Pajangan Village,
- Puskesmas in Tumbang Kaman Village,
- Puskesmas in Marikoi Village,
- Puskesmas in Tumbang Miri Village
- Puskesmas in Tumbang Maruhoi Village,
- Puskesmas Tumbang Napoi Village,
- Puskesmas Tumbang Masukih Village,
Distributed by our partner Yayasan Tambuhak Sinta.
If you know a community in need who can benefit from non-medical fabric masks - please contact us at email@example.com with details.
Shipping within Indonesia:
All orders shipping in Indonesia ships for free - yay!
Singapore: $15 / 3-4 days
Rest of the world: $30 / 4-7 days
We gladly accept unworn, unwashed items with the tags still attached within 14 days of ship date for store credit. For more information on our returns policy, click here.
These masks are really needed in our community, especially community health centers in remote villages that is difficult to access. These masks travelled far by boat to reach them. The masks feels really safe and high quality, something we don't have in this area. Thank you for making this initiative possible, it means so much.
Hope this will help more people who needs the masks. This is a great initiative to support each other!
I have the mask myself too, it's very well made and carefully stitched. Definitely comfortable and even for a mask, the craftsmanship and attention to detail shows. Plus it works great to protect yourself! Thanks for doing this great initiative.
Doing things right comes at a cost. With every purchase, you enable the circle of change in our villages - gently shaking the fashion industry to end the exploitation of people who make your clothes.
Because of you, each of our 110 artisans has seen their income increase by >40%.
We plant 1 tree with every purchase and use the kindest natural fibres & dyes.
Your piece was made with love for forever. So we're giving you a promise of free repairs - for real.